Fair fights, Roman & American [was Re: [Marxism] Let Milosevic have a fair fight]

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Thu Jul 22 13:36:30 MDT 2004

Curious.  This joke is very well known in Argentina.  Only that the
victim of fairness is a Negro who has trespassed some minor law and
the Legionnaire is a judge in a state of the Deep South.

Respuesta a: [Marxism] Let Milosevic have a fair fight
Remitido por: David Quarter
Fecha: Jueves 22 de Julio de 2004
Hora: 13:58
*****

> Conquering a new colony, the Roman legions drag the defeated
> chieftain back to the Colosseum. They offer a final challenge: "We
will bury you up to your neck in sand and set the lion on you. If you
defeat him, you will be set free."

> As the lion leaps on him, the chieftain ducks and then bites the
> lion in the groin. The lion bleeds to death. "Now you must free
me," he says.

> "Not so fast," counters a Legionnaire. "You didn't fight fair."

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar

Buenos Aires, 1822