[Marxism] Nicaragua 25 years later

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Fri Jul 23 14:14:58 MDT 2004

I'm glad to read Lee's position on this.  Back in the middle 1980s, the
position of the Chicago branch of the ISO was overtly hostile to the
Nicaraguan revolution.  After I returned from a trip to that country, an
ISO member informed me that the Sandinistas were unsupportable because
they were hostile to women, hostile to gays and lesbians, hostile to
Indians, etc.  As per usual, I found that no level of my recitations of
direct personal experience could dent "the line."

Solidarity!
Mark L.