[Marxism] City of God

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Fri Jul 23 23:29:33 MDT 2004

Respuesta a: Re: [Marxism] City of God
Remitido por: g.maclennan at qut.edu.au
Fecha: Sábado 24 de Julio de 2004
Hora: 10:35
*****

> I have not seen a film about the disgrace of income
> distribution in Brazil, so I too wouldn't mind seeing one.

I understand.

However, I think there's not a dram of bad faith in Lou's message.

Cidade de Deus is not the kind of film that helps any revo process
ahead.

A good documentary on the deformed development of Brazil, etc., would
be more helpful, and believe me Gary more instructive to you (and
more fascinating, too).

Isn't it, for example, a fascinating question as to why did the
working class of São Paulo agree with the retiring military regime in
order to ensure that Lionel Brizola, the "natural" candidate of the
Left, and certainly the single one who could combine both the -among
others, regionally redistributing- tradition of revolutionary
nationalism and all-Brazilian (not Paulista) labour activism, would
not return as a serious Presidential candidate for Brazil?  And, mind
you, all the Cidades de Deus of Brazil are the result of that
deformed development which the decission by the São Paulo workers did
nothing to change, much to the contrary.

I fully agree with Lou Pr.  Latin America needs less exposure of what
we all know, or can guess, and more exposure of what we all are kept
outside of knowledge.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar

Buenos Aires, 1822