[Marxism] SUMMING UP -- BUT NOT GIVING UP -- MY RIVER OF NO RETURN

Hunter Gray hunterbadbear at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 28 16:57:22 MDT 2004

Note by Hunter Bear:  7/25/04

Thinking Life.

This -- not in the remotest sense a valedictory -- is a re-do of that which
I posted a couple of days ago.  However, in mulling it over, I have
clarified and added a bit -- which does strengthen it.  In the event an
autobio of me is some day published, this will be an important thematic
note. [BTW, the River of No Return lies not far from here.]  In addition to
being on the far upper end of our Directory/Index at Lair of Hunterbear, it
is now on our Tribute -- which, according to the data provided by our
server, is visited a fair number of times each day.

Locally, some rain continues and many of the town people below us are
complaining about too much water.  [I recall an old Silver City, NM miner
buddy of mine commenting sardonically that "people in Hell want ice water."]
Anyway, we here are damn glad to see the rain and water which kills the five
year drought.  Now that there's water all over, our animal and bird [and
snake] friends don't have to rustle hard for drink.  Prior to these heavy
rains, many animals and birds had to go 'way up in the very high country
where it generally rains a little, if nowhere else.  Now, in the past few
days, coyotes are howling much at the edge of our yard and we may have been
visited by a Big Cat last night.

SUMMING UP -- BUT NOT GIVING UP -- MY RIVER OF NO RETURN

This trip has often been tough.  Sometimes there've been resting places and
easy slopes.  More often than not, however, it's been thick brush and rough
country generally and sometimes long lonesome desert stretches.  The
mountains -- the Great Challenges -- have been with skill and shrewdness and
hard work -- surmountable.  Sometimes fun, at least in retrospect.  Family
and friends are absolutely indispensable at every point in the trail -- but
one must always be prepared to function effectively as a Lone Bear. The
greatest dangers have been the swamps, especially the subtle ones with their
Machiavellianism and downright malevolence pooling and trickling and
flowing -- frequently camouflaged by the grasses and cattails and weeds of
hypocrisy; and their sloughs of soft mud providing permanent miring, their
bogs of quicksand delivering a cordial fall into oblivion.  Thank God I've
avoided the swamps, save for the peripheries; and thank God indeed that I
have always kept my eyes on the Mountains and Far Beyond.  [Hunter Bear]

It's critical to always keep fighting -- and to always remember that, if one
lives with grace, he/she should be prepared to die with grace.  [Hunter
Bear]

HUNTER GRAY  [HUNTER BEAR]   Micmac /St. Francis Abenaki/St. Regis Mohawk
www.hunterbear.org
Protected by Na´shdo´i´ba´i´
and Ohkwari'

remembering way. [Hunter Bear]