[Marxism] America´s Popular Front Against FASCISM and For National Rejuvenation

Tony Abdo gojack10 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 30 13:54:55 MDT 2004

There is a partial and incomplete listing of this Popular Front ´leaders´
per Ronnie Dugger below...  I would have added John Edwards and Teresa Heinz
Ketchup to the list, too.  But I´m not ´progressive´, and Ronnie Dugger is.
He is certainly considered the embodiment of a progressive.

And certainly Bill Gates should be on that list alongside George Soros.  And
on Common Dreams today, Naomi Kline and Jonathan Schell plus Green Party
theoretician, Marty Jezer, all added their voices to the cause.  They should
be on the list.  Jezer even called for a ´new patriotism´which he said he
was working with John Edwards with on that one!  He mentioned something
about a Peace Corps or parks project and a new deal.  Edwards and and Jezer
can pull Michael Albert more in on that one--- but what a downer all this is
going to be though, when John Kerry splits with the whole crowd.  And
supports George Bush´s new action soming soon to a military theater near
you.  Oh well... and until then, we have unprecented unity out in left
field, and center, too.

At least now Norman Solomon now is keeping a clear head and says that ´hope
is not on the way´, and that is important to not forget about David Cobb and
voting for him in a state or two.  And he is displeased with those that
croon and swoon too easily over Kerry as they build the Front for National
Unity Against the Christian Fascist Mullahs and George Bush.  All shall be
embodied in the effort to get two corporate John´s into office... though
pimps they are, really.  Norm says work hard in the next  less than 100
days.  Later, though without hope, take a vacation...and it´s supposed he
will.  We all can no doubt with George and Dick banished from the Homeland,
though no hope will abound.

Despite this grand show of strength and stiff backbone from the Left, most
Texas workers appear to still favor watching the Jerry Springer Show instead
of watching the dark comedy brewing up as a storm around them.  The lack of
Bush or Kerry bumpersticks on SUVs and pickups here in The Lone Star State
can mean only one of two things.  Either the support for Bush even here is
fading, or other than that it means everybody just don´t give a flying f...
about the ´choice´.  And in our hearts, we know that Iraqis could not
survive the sort of torture Americans are routinely exposed to.  And word is
that Saddam´s health is worse under the American regime, too.  And we are
just grateful to be alive, and able to shop at Walmart with what we earned
through hard work.

We are offered salvation now, but not through Jesus Christ, but rather
through a new patriotism and national popular front of liberal and
´moderate´ unity.  But first, it is said that one must come together in the
big tent of patriotism and speak in tongues not ever heard here before in
Texas.  And the lambs must lie together in the grass with the wolves.  It
shall be done, for the eye of the beast is upon us666.  Aw heck. Nobody here
gives a hoot in the Coastal Bend.  We are a ´safe state´.

Tony

ºººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº
Published on Friday, July 30, 2004 by CommonDreams.org
Let's Act in the the Democratic Emergency
by Ronnie Dugger

We have the movement to do this, the organizations, and we have the living
leaders. Who are these leaders? Let me call them out, just a few: Medea
Benjamin, Julian Bond, Barbara Boxer, Noam Chomsky, Joan Claybrook, Chuck
Collins, John Conyers, Kevin Danaher, Marian Edelman, Daniel Ellsberg, Amy
Goodman, Doris Haddock, Tom Hayden, Jim Hightower, Molly Ivins, Jesse
Jackson, Jesse Jackson, Jr., James Jeffords, Dennis Kucinich, Barbara Lee,
John Lewis, Cynthia McKinney, Michael Moore, Barack Obama, John
Passacantando, Chellie Pingree, Kevin Phillips, Carl Pope, Dennis Rivera,
Bernie Sanders, George Soros, Howard Zinn- And you could easily come up with
an entirely different list of them in ten minutes.