[Marxism] You got me convinced!!!

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Sat Jul 31 10:47:31 MDT 2004

This is weird...in 2004, "the religious fundamentalists are organizing
in every community".  The time to issue this battle cry was about three
decades ago.

To keep with the Boston theme, if Paul Revere had responded with such
timeliness, we'd still be speaking English....

The comparison between the Left and the Christian Fundamentalists is
really one of apples and oranges.  We are in the cities, the working
class and minority neighborhoods, and, to some extent, in education.
They are in the suburbs.  One of the factors driving them to a kind of
social hysteria is the realization of just how tenuous their privileged
standing is.  Indeed, with the oil crisis and the economic problems at
home today, one in their position might very well see this as "the end
days."

Solidarity!
Mark