[Marxism] Reply to Marty Jezer

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Sat Jul 31 11:09:11 MDT 2004

I have conversations like this every damned day.  A seemingly sane
person says they favor electing Kerry because of the war and the
environment and the lack of Republican commitment to social justice.

If you quote Kerry and the Democrats, they simply get angry and attack
you.

Some time back, I talked about the insanity of the Democratic argument
about 2000.  Those who voted for Nader, they say, are responsible for
the war, because we elected Bush.  In order words, those who voted for a
candidate who opposed the war are responsible for the war because they
did not vote, as good anti-war voters are supposed to have done, for a
candidate that favored war.  As I said at the time, it demonstrates that
"the lunatic fringe" may run right up the American "mainstream."

I think it rather continues this trend into 2004 for the antiwar
Democratic majority to pretend to be prowar in an effort to fool the
antiwar American population,

It's time to make a Fellini movie about American politics...

ML