[Marxism] Visitors Beware: Accenture's US-Visit Venture

Adam Levenstein cleon42 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 2 12:30:52 MDT 2004

--- Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:
> Actually, Yoshie is correct. Accenture was the consulting wing of
> Arthur
>   Anderson. The accounting wing went under after it was implicated in
>
> the Enron scandal, but the consulting wing continued after being
> renamed. They are here now at Columbia University in a big way, but I
>
> can't/won't say more because I want to play it safe.
>
> I will say, however, that I worked with Arthur Anderson consultants
> at
> Goldman-Sachs and grew to despise them. These were snot-nosed kids
> with
> MBAs and power ties who really didn't know the first thing about
> building systems. But that didn't stop Goldman from paying $1000 a
> day
> for their services.

Yeh? Didn't know that, but their presence at Columbia doesn't surprise
me.

Accenture basically goes after college kids right out of school; they
offer them valuable experience, decent benefits, and a way to get a job
immediately before they realize they should be making more than
Accenture pays them.