[Marxism] Ronald Raygun Dead . . .good

DLVinvest at cs.com DLVinvest at cs.com
Sat Jun 5 16:01:01 MDT 2004

and while we're at it a toast of tears to his many victims:

My own celebration is tempered by the injustice that the Great Prevaricator,
this Grand Confabulator of imperial triumphalism died comfortably in his
sleep, surrounded by loving friends and family, untroubled by nightmares of the
disappeared and the dead and the wailing of loved ones left behind.in Lebanon,
Afghanistan, Nicaragua, Salvador, and AIDS-infected Africa, the great grave he
made of the world in the merciless sweet-smiling pestilence of his reign. His
sleep-walking presidency was the culmination of a path walked as an opportunist
withc-hunter, a mouthpiece for reaction, a pitchman for General Electric, a
soul-less zombie with the grin of an amiable dunce. His praise for Nazis at
Bitburg was an outrage yet his admireers whined that their hero was being picked
on. It was a relentless refrain in filling the empty vessel of his intellect
by claiming his moral virtues. His obvious idiocy at Helsinki prefigured the
descent into Alzheimer's that masked the venality and viciousness that lie at
the heart of those who celebrate his reign. Next: Pinochet, Kissinger...If I had
to compile a list of those who would go down with me if I were diagnosed with
a fatal illness, that's wheere I would start. (I earlier offered to send
"Better off Dead: An Epitaph for Richard Nixon" but I may have to add this burst
appendix to vent my spleen.)

Douglas L. Vaughan, Jr.
Investigations
for Print, Film & Electronic Media