[Marxism] Glaxo Faces Criminal Action in Britain Over Suicide Pills...

David Quarter davidquarter at sympatico.ca
Mon Jun 7 01:21:22 MDT 2004

To:             	drugawareness at yahoogroups.com
From:           	atracyphd2 at aol.com

Four days ago I sent you the news that the NY Attorney General had filed a
suit against GlaxoSmithKline over Paxil and in that message I made the following
statement: "United Kingdom has been considering criminal charges against this
company for almost a year for this same exact reason. With this action by the
state of New York will we see them now act on that as well?"

And today we have that answer in VERY bold headlines stating it the way it
is: "Glaxo may face prosecution over antidepressant" or "Glaxo faces criminal
action in Britain over ‘suicide’ pills" - exactly what I have said for 15
years, although "murder/suicide pills" may have been a better fit.

Paxil was the worst of the SSRIs until Celexa hit the market - as if you can
pick one out as one's worst poison?  They all work the same way and they all
produce the same results - some may take a day or two longer is all. But I
predict that Effexor will be the next to bite the dust because it is such a nasty
drug. When they marketed it as "Prozac with a kick" they were not kidding!

Anyway I don't think anyone would want to be in the shoes of Glaxo
spokeswoman Mary Ann Rhyne right now.  The end of May Italian police announced they want
4000 doctors and 273 Glaxo employees put on trial. Then the NY Attorney
General last week, Canada issued their strong warning against this group of drugs a
day or two later, and now Britian plans to file criminal charges. Talk about
a public relations nightmare! They are being hit from the four corners of the
earth!

Considering how many lives I have seen lost to this drug, or lives destroyed
as a result, or people addicted to it in terrible withdrawal, I have no
compassion for Glaxo. The old saying, "You reap what you sow" certainly applys in
this case.

Ann Blake Tracy, Ph.D.
Executive Director, International Coalition For Drug Awareness