[Marxism] Whither US-Visit?

Jurriaan Bendien andromeda246 at hetnet.nl
Thu Jun 10 01:36:23 MDT 2004

And spit it from you mouth !
There's a spy in the sky,
There's a noise on the wire,
There's a tap on the line,
And for every paranoid's desire...
There's always Someone looking at you.
S-s-s-s-someone looking at you...
They're always looking at you.

- "S-s-someone's looking at you", written by Bob Geldof, from the Boomtown
Rats album "The fine art of surfacing" 1979)

"I don't know what the f**k the words are about. Paranoia, I suppose. There
seemed to be press and cameras everywhere at that time, and I could still be
bruised by them then. I started with that line "On a night like this, I
deserve to get kissed/at least once or twice". Then it goes off into
Bobworld. I think 2 things inspired some of the words: a Greenpeace rally in
Trafalgar Square, that I gave a speech at. "You saw me there in the
square/When I was shooting my mouth off about saving some fish". And I'd
just finished reading this book about murder, which claimed that most
murders are committed at 90 degrees. "Well it's so hot outside and the air
is so sweet/When the pressure drop is heavy/l can barely hear you speak/You
know most killings are committed at 90 degrees/When it's too hot to breathe,
and it's too hot to think/There's always someone looking at you". Went to No
3, that one."

J.