[Marxism] A nation rocked to sleep

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Thu Jun 10 15:17:48 MDT 2004

 <http://www.michigancitizen.com/images/ptrans.gif>

A Poem for Casey Austin Sheehan, a U.S. soldier who, a few days before his
25th birthday, died in Iraq on April 4th, 2004

A nation rocked to sleep

By (sister) Carly Sheehan

Have you ever heard the sound of a mother screaming for her son?

The torrential rains of a mother's weeping will never be done

They call him a hero, you should be glad that he's one, but

Have you ever heard the sound of a mother screaming for her son?

Have you ever heard the sound of a father holding back his cries?

He must be brave because his boy died for another man's lies

The only grief he allows himself are long, deep sighs

Have you ever heard the sound of a father holding back his cries?

Have you ever heard the sound of taps played at your brother's grave?

They say that he died so that the flag will continue to wave

But I believe he died because they had oil to save

Have you ever heard the sound of taps played at your brother's grave?

Have you ever heard the sound of a nation being rocked to sleep?

The leaders want to keep you numb so the pain won't be so deep

But if we the people let them continue another mother will weepHave you ever
heard the sound of a nation being rocked to sleep?