[Marxism] This is who Americans should really mourn

Waistline2 at aol.com Waistline2 at aol.com
Thu Jun 10 18:00:57 MDT 2004

>Ray Charles, one of America's greatest singers and a musician who
brought the essence of soul to country, jazz, rock, standards and every
other style of music he touched, died today. He was 73.<

Comment

"Your love give me such a thrill
But the lovin can't pay my bills

. . . . I need some money.

Here is Ray Charles for me as I met the man on vinyl.

Here is the content of an era . . . and I loved it.

Ray blues in the Bebop era and outlasted Miles Davis and Bop.

Ray was not of the generation of industrial workers that I am a part, but my
parents who imparted to me a musical sensibility . . . played Ray.

A blind man with vision.

Steve Wonder would go forward with "Inner visions."

Ray is an era in the industrial system.

Peace

Melvin P.