[Marxism] what is Antiwar.com?

paul illich paul_illich at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 12 11:25:24 MDT 2004

Walter Lippmann wrote:

>This will probably be my last comments on this MILITANT
>article. I don't know why THE MILITANT prefers to use
>"Jew-hatred" over "anti-Semitism", but it's another of
>their kookily idiosyncratic usages

I don't wish to seem defensive of Militant, with I whom share little
comon ground, but surely there is nothing "idiosyncratic" about
deferentiating between Semites and Jews, esp if you support the
Palestinians. The definition of semite is far wider than merely "jew",
though that limited usage has become common.

http://www.happyvalleyasylum.com/ratched/archives/000854.php

Definition of 'Semite'
Sem·ite (sehm' ite') n.
A member of a group of Semitic-speaking peoples of the Near East and
northern Africa, including the Arabs, Arameans, Babylonians, Carthaginians,
Ethiopians, Hebrews, and Phoenicians.
A Jew.
Bible. A descendant of Shem.
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth
Edition, Copyright 2000

Paul