[Marxism] Re: "logic of justification"

DLVinvest at cs.com DLVinvest at cs.com
Sun Jun 13 01:21:03 MDT 2004

In a message dated 6/12/04 9:47:30 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
andromeda246 at hetnet.nl writes:
> sometimes I have toyed with writing a book called
> "The Logic of Justification" which collects all the different forms of
> justifying why "what I am doing, is the right thing to do, why what happened
> happened, and what didn't happen didn't happen, and why you are wrong, and I
> am right". But maybe there exists such a book already
Not quite, but in the late 70s, early 80s some clever sci-wags produced a
lovely collection of apocrypha titled The Journal of Irreproducible Results; it
included artist's renderings of pepetual motion machines and other brilliant
parodies of wishful thinking. They might yet accept a peer-reviewed article on
"Refutation of Murphy's Law: The Proof by Vigorous Assertion." Belongs right on
the shelf with "Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds" by
McKay.

Douglas L. Vaughan, Jr.
Investigations
for Print, Film & Electronic Media