[Marxism] Chinese economic growth and global ecology

Xenon Zi-Neng Yuan wenhuadageming at comcast.net
Thu Jun 17 07:26:34 MDT 2004

At 09:07 AM 6/17/2004, Louis Proyect wrote:
>Then don't write horseshit about people in imperialist countries having
>the nerve to criticize China.

comrade, where have i come out with profanities directed towards you?

>There are no technological fixes. The solution is in the abolition of
>private property, both in the imperialist nations and in nations such as
>China that yearn to join them.

i'm sorry if i came across as if i was saying there were technological to
the ultimate root of the problem, which is the property relations, as you
point out.  i believe what i am trying to say is we have an obligation to
combat the hypocrisy of our ruling class, which loves to bring up examples
of developing countries (especially those outside its sphere of influence)
"messing up the environment" when they could easily be reducing the amount
of damage by just giving those offending countries the resources to do so.

as for my impression of the overall tone of this whole debate, i defer to
melvin p's assessment.