[Marxism] Re: British Isles - an imperialist term

John Obrien causecollector at msn.com
Thu Jun 17 09:04:49 MDT 2004

I do not understand how people who call themselves "leftists" somehow want to identify with the British Royal family control and occupation continuing of Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England.  The British Royal Family are invaders who came from the European mainland continent.  Saxons, Welsh, Scotish and Irish peoples have been subjugated and the victims of this occupation.

Leftists are NOT for kingdoms and support self-determination.  While Ronald Reagan, Ted Kennedy, Bill Clinton are of Irish heritage they were never for Irish Freedom.

Ireland has been an occupied nation for centuries - and this must be recognized as the basis for understanding "What the Irish want"!  I am heartened that many are presently moving in Scotland, to see the need for ending "The United Kingdom"!

John O'Brien
Los Angeles, CA