[Marxism] Chinese national pride, productive forces, ecological harm

Walter Lippmann walterlx at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 17 13:28:34 MDT 2004

You may not like the tough and blunt manner in which
Melvin rejects your argument, but if you would stand
back a bit and reflect, he's actually quite correct, it
seems to me.

What does it meant to "criticize China"? A whole country?
Even this concept of "criticism" which is so frequently
batted about is, in my view, not the best way to have a
fruitful exchange of viewpoints.

Discussion of a policy, of its contents, problems and its
consequences, that makes sense. We can all learn from
such, if the discussion is reasonably calm and participants
argue from solid facts.

I always loved Peter Camejo's distinction:
"With our enemies we criticize, with our friends we discuss."

Walter Lippmann