[Marxism] RE: To Melvin

Sancar Olcay skolcay at decicon.com
Thu Jun 17 15:22:04 MDT 2004

Hello all

I agree. This is a big loss for this list. He was a very powerful
contributor to all of the "meaningful" discussions on this list. One who
could see beyond Marxism (or Stalinism ,or Trotskyism or ....) as a
religion, one who can link theory and practice; ideal and material
world. Not many around

And as someone from the so called "third world" but also part of an
oppressor nation, I would suggest our comrades in the "first world" not
to dismiss 'white chauvinism' characterization so easily. Since it is in
the air we breath, water we drink, images we see....people do not notice
that they posses it (and it is very hard to avoid since we are all
shaped by our environments) until that is they are slapped in the face.
And Melvin is very good at that. Not that I agree (or disaggree) with
his particular characterization, but just as a general rule.

I hope he returns.

Sancar