[Marxism] Moderator's note

Xenon Zi-Neng Yuan wenhuadageming at comcast.net
Thu Jun 17 18:18:17 MDT 2004

At 07:58 PM 6/17/2004, Louis Proyect wrote:
>Why don't you tell Marxmail something about your track record in the class
>struggle? One of the great things about the Internet is that you really
>have no idea who you are dealing with. There was a guy named Ralph Dumain
>who used to represent himself as an angry black man on the demented list
>that was grandfather to this one. Eventually we found out that he was a
>yid like me. And then there's that New Yorker cartoon of 2 dogs, one
>sitting at a computer keyboard; the other looking over his shoulder. The
>one at the keyboard is saying to his mate: "Nobody knows you are a dog on
>the Internet."

somehow, somehow, i knew this was going to end up in some litmus test of
revolutionary pedigree.

for those so inclined, i am documented in the dedication, as is part of my
early involvement, in the book i recommended, particularly the chapter
"radical resistance in conservative times".  my current work is limited due
to personal reasons (and part of the reason i can even spend this much time
at the computer).  but at one time i was involved with building the
nationwide (but now mostly dormant) asian left forum, and also (mostly-)
youth groups of color organizing around local issues in the boston area,
mostly pertaining to "race" (low-income housing, police brutality, racial
harassment).  during the early "post-seattle" period, i was involved in the
push by mostly non-white youth activists to become better represented
within the "anti-globalization" frenzy.  in fact, i'll stop there, for i
could drop countless names of organizations and campaigns, but it doesn't
change the fact:  that even if i was just some punk whiteboy posing as a
person of color, you are being despicably defensive on the charge of "racism".

>Say whatever you want. Just go easy on the "white chauvinism" malarkey.

yeah, it's always the white marxists that call this "malarkey"...

xzy