[Marxism] RE: To Melvin

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Thu Jun 17 20:34:03 MDT 2004

Several times today, I sat down and wrote something more on this and
each time discarded my comments.  I have no idea why this isn't just
self-evident to anyone.

Any assertion made without giving evidence and making a reasoned
argument might be pure malarkey, but it's sure as hell bullshit.  If I
disagree with what a comrade says on matters of economics or history, I
think I should forthrightly explain why I think it is wrong.  It is not
legitimate or valid to merely assert that they hold the position because
of white chauvinism, racism, or their Presbyterianism.

This is the sort of silly shit that prevails in American businesses and
educational institutions.  Like David, I see it as a liberal
preoccupation with public appearances and images, in lieu of substance.
I'd add that I've often seen it used by people who are anything but
liberals.  It is a trait of mindless yuppiedom engaged forever in the
strife for space.

Solidarity!
Mark L.

PS: Actually, for the record, the SWP engaged in pretty much the same
despicable habits as the CP. Disagreement with the line on race
immediately exposed you to the charge of racism.