[Marxism] Chinese economic growth and global ecology-Chauvinist slip

Jack F. Vogel jfv at trane.bluesong.net
Thu Jun 17 23:06:27 MDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 10:25:53PM -0400, Mike Friedman wrote:

> ... That is why I
> support Louis in this. It is imperative, within the movement, to criticize
> and confront positions as racist or "white chauvinist" and avoid personal
> characterizations and attacks. Dave (who I knew in the early 80s) is
> thick-skinned. Younger activists may not be, and should not be intimidated
> into silence for fear of a label of "white chauvinist" or "male chauvinist"
> or suchlike.

I concur with Mike. The whole over-the-top thing over Lou's use of
the dog smacked of showmanship. That analogy has been around the
Internet for YEARS, and it makes a general point about
communication and relationships in this purely anonymous media,
not about nationalities or racism.

I would hope tempers could be calmed and we all get back to
what we are here about, and it sure as hell isnt name calling.

Comradely regards,

Jack