[Marxism] State Capitalism and Defend Cuba

paul bunyan cutemdown2003 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 18 12:13:52 MDT 2004

mike pearn <neprimerimye at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>This entire debate about Cuba seems more than a little
>bizarre from this die of the pond as the fact is that
>while Cuba is beseiged by imperialism it is not under
>immediate threat of invasion and imperialist forces
>are not murdering Cuban civilians on a daily basis as
>is happening in Iraq. Therefore I find it more than a
>bit odd to argue that the ISO should treat the defence
>of Cuba as being as important as campoaigning against
>the occupation of Iraq.

Thank you Mike. Possibly another reason that the ISO doesn't spend all it's time on Cuba defense, is that they're probably to busy building anti-war coalitions and marches, solidarity events during labor struggles, such as their work in helping to build a national speaking tour indefense of the Charleston 5, "live from death row events, and a whole host of other activities to numerous to list here. No, I'm not a member of the ISO.