[Marxism] After Reagan's death, Clinton's comeback: "I never thought of r...

DLVinvest at cs.com DLVinvest at cs.com
Fri Jun 18 14:55:57 MDT 2004

Resurrection, or Waltz of the Undead?

> Rather: "The central question, if I may, and I know this is difficult, the
> central question is why?". Clinton: "I think I did something for the worst
> possible reason - just because I could. I think that's the most , just about
> the most morally indefensible reason that anybody could have for doing
> anything. When you do something just because you could ... I've thought
> about it a lot. And there are lots of more sophisticated explanations, more
> complicated psychological explanations. But none of them are an excuse ...
> Only a fool does not look to explain his mistakes."

Oh, the pain! The shame! And as befits His Immense Narcissism, the Prom King,
as he reflects in and on his self-proclaimed glories, this
obsessive-compulsive combination of will and guilt only has to do with his being caught in
flagrante delicto in a sexual tryst, while his failure to act in Rwanda passes in
silence over a half-million corpses --  oops: really sorry about that; but
there flows from this crucible of character-testing the alchemical proof of his
triumph:

> He claimed he had had many days as president that he counts among his best,
> including his efforts to help the residents of Kosovo and rid the world of a
> dictator. "The day that Kosovar war ended and I knew Milosevic's days were
> numbered was a great day. I had a lot of great days," he said.
> http://www.cbsnews.com/  (Milosovic's trial proceedings at http://hague.bard.edu/ ).

The bombing of civilians means nothing, for the ends were pure and so their
sacrifice is redeemed in blood. (Is this why Michael Moore endorsed Gen. Wesley
Clark?) While Brzezinski brags how he and Carter baited the Soviet bear into
Afghanistan by launching attacks from Pakistan -- why shoud Reagan get all the
credit? -- Albright holds firm and unapologetic for the toll of 5,000
children dead each month for the years of the Clinton-era blockade that softened up
Iraq for Bush's invasion.

These are the people handing the shovel to Kerry and telling him to dig that
hole deeper. They float in the wading pools of deep-think, adrift in a vat of
the universal hormone, preposterone-TM, immune to their crimes and the sorrows
they create.

Douglas L. Vaughan, Jr.
Investigations
for Print, Film & Electronic Media