[Marxism] Trent Lott interview (hilarious)

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Jun 20 07:46:49 MDT 2004

NY Times Magazine, June 20, 2004
QUESTIONS FOR TRENT LOTT
All's Fair
Interview by DEBORAH SOLOMON

Q: Senator Lott, many people associate you not only with conservative
politics but also with your curious hair. It never moves, even in the
wind. Is it real?

A: No. 1, it is not a toupee. No. 2, it is generally straight and not
inclined to run all over the place.

Q: I assume you spray it to get that prom look.

A: It's just a hair spray you buy at the drugstore. I am a neat guy.
What is amazing to me is that people are fixated on my hair when you
look at all the bad hairdos in the U.S. Senate.

Q: As a senior member of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence,
what do you think of the C.I.A.?

A: I went on the intelligence committee thinking that I would be a
defender of the C.I.A. But within relatively short order, I became very
critical. The running joke is that if you get on Intelligence, you have
no intelligence.

Q: What can be done to make the C.I.A. more effective?