[Marxism] Re rumored split in WWP/ANSWER -- FYI only! (it'slong...),

David Walters dwalters at igc.org
Sun Jun 20 21:41:02 MDT 2004

Lou,
  I've know about this for the last few weeks, since I live near SF and
Richard and Gloria La Riva are based here. Now ex-members of the WWP
have confirmed that the above mentioned leading activists, along with
Richard's brother Brian, have 'left' the WWP and taken most of
California with them. Had this been just 'any' other left group, it
would be good enough for a few points on Yahoo's Leftist Trainspotting
list (which it has), but that the WWP is the leading left group in the
US anti-war movement and had now nearly 25% (more or less) of it's
membership is very important if it effects the future of ANSWER in
anyway. I'm sure it's irrelevant why these three leading public members
of ANSWER (out here the ONLY spokes people for ANSWER) may of left
[split/forced out/expelled/quit] the political tendency they were
members of for over 2 decades is important if this means that ANSWER is
no longer able to be a focal point of the anti-war movement. I hope
this is not the case.

David