[Marxism] Re: Liberal feminism and national differences

Tom O'Lincoln suarsos at alphalink.com.au
Wed Jun 23 23:44:52 MDT 2004

Phil wrote: "The US is actually probably the *only* imperialist country
where neo-liberal economics is accompanied by neo-conservative social
ideas."

I'm tempted to say I agree "but I don't go as far" :-) because Australia is
a partial exception. The Howard government does combine social conservatism
with as neo-liberal a set of economic views as Bush. I know Phil considers
Howard something of an anomaly, but if so he's an anomaly who's won three
elections and may well win another one.