[Marxism] Gun Control (was: Liberal feminism

LouPaulsen LouPaulsen at comcast.net
Fri Jun 25 10:43:28 MDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: " Ian Pace" <ian at ianpace.com>

> But as regards misappropriation of feminism in the US, how do you feel
about
> the new 'progressive' face attained by the gun lobby as a result of the
fact
> that women are arming themselves in increasing numbers?
>
> Ian

That's a complex issue, considering that we ought not to be against gun
control anyway (in my view), and the fact that gun control is seen as a
"liberal" issue, while opposition to gun control is seen as a "right-wing"
issue, is really sort of a historical accident (and probably involves
mistakes by "the left").  After all, "if guns are outlawed, only the outlaw
police will have guns."  And certainly firearms training for women is not
bad?  Certainly a lot of men get firearms training through the army, hunting
clubs, etc.

Lou