[Marxism] Not in Argentina

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Sun Jun 27 10:22:57 MDT 2004

Jurriaan wrote:

"You could extrapolate a general law about the limited ability for
Nazis to make "significant inroads", because of :

(1) the "non-proletarian nature of Nazism" or some such thing, or,
(2) just because it had not happened before in history.

But this to me seems schematic, and doesn't really explain why
workers will in some cases support or vote for rightwing populism
which is basically fascist (e.g. in Argentina, Spain, Italy, Greece,
Turkey, Ukraine). It does not matter if the whole workingclass does
so or not, it matters if a critical proportion (a "critical mass")
does so."

I won't speak of other places in this world of ours (or "of theirs").

But here in Argentina, workers as a class have NEVER supported a
"basically fascist" regime.

If J. understands that Peronism was (or is, in the slight sense that
it still keeps breathing), then I am afraid he should learn his own
history of Argentina (or Brazil, for that matter, or Venezuela, where
Chávez says, and rightly so, that Perón is one of his main sources of
inspiration).  Or, maybe, this very list, where the issue has been
thoroughly dealt with.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar

Buenos Aires, 1822