[Marxism] Re: Marxism Digest, Vol 8, Issue 78

Carlos Eduardo Rebello crebello at antares.com.br
Mon Jun 28 13:49:35 MDT 2004

> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 06:48:51 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
> From: Walter Lippmann <walterlx at earthlink.net>
> Subject: [Marxism] Argentine and Brazilian troops in Haiti
>
> I'd like to hear and informed Argentine opinion on why Kirchner
> and Lula have decided to join in Washington's occupation of
> Haiti,

Because Lula wants Brazil to have a permanent seat in the UN Security
Council and wants to appear "responsible", that's why. Another instance why
the Brazilian blend of "sound" economic policies and "independent" foreign
policy is, at the last instance, untenable. As for Kirchner, I will not risk
a guess.

CR

and whatever broader significance you think it has for