[Marxism] USA: Aristide Resigned! (Dejas vú aussi pour tu?)

Chris Brady cdbrady at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 1 14:55:15 MST 2004

Aristide Tells U.S. Contacts He Was Abducted

Reuters, Mon, Mar 01, 2004
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Jean-Bertrand Aristide, ousted as Haitian
president on Sunday, told U.S. lawmakers and other contacts by telephone
on Monday that he was abducted by U.S. soldiers and left his homeland
against his will.

Washington immediately denied this, saying Aristide had agreed to step
down and leave his country. “It’s complete nonsense,” White House
spokesman Scott McClellan told reporters.

“We took steps to protect Mr. Aristide, we took steps to protect his
family and they departed Haiti. It was Mr Aristide’s decision to
resign,” he said.

Full story:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=564&ncid=716&e=11&u=/nm/20040301/ts_nm/haiti_aristide_kidnap_dc

[I remember William Blum saying that if the US Government denies an
action you can bet that it probably was involved in it.  But diplomats
are experts at finesse, interpretation, definitive wiggle-room.
Aristide could have agreed not to have his head blown off, too.  Or
perhaps he "resigned" like Chavez did in 2002.]