[Marxism] Steele CEO on the timing of "stability" in Haiti

Chris Brady cdbrady at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 2 12:41:51 MST 2004

Holding or withholding power both create conditions of power.  Timing is
critical.  This interview is interesting.  I'm sending just a clip from
near the end.

Head of U.S. Security Firm That Guarded Aristide Speaks Out

DEMOCRACY NOW! Tuesday, March 2nd, 2004

AMY GOODMAN: Do you think that the US Military could have made a
difference at the end?

KENNETH KURTZ: Well, I would probably turn that question around you to,
and ask, "Looking at the US military, coming in the day after he left,
and that, in itself, insuring some stability, do you think that, if they
would have come in a day before, it would have created stability?"

Full:

Denials by the US Administration, "we didn't... blah-blah" remind me of
the people who make a big deal out of whether Allende shot and killed
himself or was slain by soldiers.  As in that case, so this: Why is he
gone?  Zat got anything to do with an attack by men with guns?  What was
the role of the USA?  I agree with Chavez about one thing at least
(maybe more, pero) and that is a 7-letter word (in English) starting
with "A" and ending with a "hole."