[Marxism] Purring Rationalities

Hunter Gray hunterbadbear at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 4 10:26:52 MST 2004

Now that I've hit 70, I can play Elder Statesman with a reasonably clear
conscience.

Most Indian meetings are pretty rational -- but can last forever.  One,
chaired by a friend of mine at Chinle [Chin-Lee] on BIA school problems at
Navajo Nation, ran from 7 pm to 4 am.  Of course, the BIA has a lot of
problems.

Most Union meetings I've attended are pretty rational.  Occasionally, the
chair will plunge forward through the agenda like an Oklahoma land rush --
but occasionally the meetings can last forever.

Almost all faculty meetings and most email discussion lists that I've
experienced are NOT purring rationalities.

Yours -

Hunter Bear [In the mountains of Eastern Idaho where it has snowed once
again]

HUNTER GRAY [HUNTER BEAR]
www.hunterbear.org

When you cut to the bone  and cut away the college degrees, academic and
other titles, published books and articles, ours is essentially a working
class and Indian family.  We consistently join unions  -- and we always
support them with the greatest vigor.

It's critical to always keep fighting -- and to always remember that, if one
lives with grace, he/she should be prepared to die with grace.