[Marxism] A Joint for Jose to Spark the Imagination

Tony Abdo gojack10 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 5 01:26:06 MST 2004

Jose's ignorance, lack of interest in, and lack of comprehension of Mexican
politics is comical.    In his typical blustery style of flame throwing,
Jose says I must be smoking heavy hashhish to think that Mexico's elites,
like Carlos Slim and cohorts, might be trying to move Mexico into posing
itself (internally and externally) as a US style 'democracy', where two
parties called Flim and Flam  can compete for votes!

Jose, those two parties in Mexico are called PAN and PRI, not Tweedle Dee
and Tweedle Dumb that I know that you oppose so much here at home by
constantly trying  to construct some sort of USA brand, PRD-Green thing.
Imagine it, Jose!    Smoke a joint with me, and invision how the Texas
business class and the Guanajuato/ Nuevo Leon business crowd might similarly
have smoked much weed together. and come up with a dream cloud of joint
imperialist hegemony under the CIC Big White Bwana, Dub Bush and dad.
Wild, ain't it?!

Want to do some acid and see it in color, Dude?    Let's get Comrade Rhubarb
in on this party, too.    We can look at imperialism under a kaleidoscope
that won't be 'unhelpful' at all.    And see that international Green thing
without lunging for it like a Leftist crackhead.      Afterwards, I want us
to co-write a university political science paper about the importance of
Mexico in the New World Order.

Tony

Tony Abdo writes:

>>If I was to say that the PRI was like the DP, and the PAN like the
Republicans for example, it would  give, in some ways, an incorrect
picture to people in the US.     Why?    Because simply  here in the US
one can little imagine the Republicans as the party of reform, as many
Mexicans were led to consider the PRI recently.    Still, it is an
analogy that does give some idea of how the PRI and PAN position
themselves long term.   It's an analogy that allows us to see well how
the ruling class efforts to set up a Mexican two party system are being
directed.<<

Tony,

Give it up. If you think there's an effort afoot to set up the PRI and
PAN as twin parties of a world-hegemonic Mexican imperialist ruling
class, it is really very uncomradely of you not to pass around whatever
it is you're smoking.

The analogy between political alignments in the Third World and those in
the imperialist countries are not just inexact; they are wrong at a
bedrock, fundamental level. It leaves imperialism out of the analysis or
relegates it at best to some secondary level.

That's not the world we live in, that's not been the planet earth for
the last several decades. The most advanced expressions of the class
struggle on a world scale for many decades has been precisely the
anti-imperialist struggle. To do analysis that bypass or obfuscate the
fundamental difference between the handful of robber nations and the
vast majority of humanity in the raped and looted nations is entirely
unhelpful.

José