[Marxism] Forwarded from Jayson Funke (Soros interview)

Živko Vukolaj zivko_vukolaj at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 5 01:39:02 MST 2004

With regards to George Soros, what is perhaps subversive and dangerous to
the "Bush-Cheney ruling elite", is not at all "democracy, positive
international relations or effective strategies to reduce poverty", but the
extremely vast financial resources of the Open Society Institute.

[EXTRACT]

"Well, he believes in democracy, positive international relations and
effective strategies to reduce poverty, among other things. All of these
concepts are considered highly dangerous and subversive to the
Bush-Cheney ruling elite."

When I first read this, I actually thought it to be a satirical summation of
Soros' supposed "change of heart". It even managed to raise a smile on my
face. That the author should actually take seriously Mr. Soros' protest
against the Bush regime seemed to me as an utterly ridiculous possibility.