[Marxism] Soldier comments from Iraq: the voice of a nonexistent "syndrome"

Fred Feldman ffeldman at bellatlantic.net
Sat Mar 6 08:19:33 MST 2004

>From :  Thomas F. Barton <thomasfbarton at earthlink.net>
Sent :  Saturday, March 6, 2004 6:24 AM
Subject :  GI Special 2#38: Soldiers Know The Truth

GI SPECIAL 2#38

THE SOLDIERS KNOW THE TRUTH

NO, THE WAR ISN'T OVER;

NO, THERE IS NO "VICTORY" IN IRAQ

Sgt. Jesse Lanter and Cpl. Barry Lange

Photo & Quotes: http://www.bushpresident2004.com/troops.htm

The way we have been treated and the continuous lies told to our
families
back home has devastated us all," in a letter to Congress.  Anonymous
Soldier, U.S. Army, in Iraq

"I came into this war hoping to rid the world of an evil man, Saddam
Hussein.  Once accomplished, I now find myself confined and surrounded
by
the post-war chaos and anger of a people without direction and begging
for
leadership.  I see their pain and realize that at this time I am part of

their pain."  Major Matthew Jennings, 82nd Airborne Division, U.S. Army,
in
Iraq

"If Donald Rumsfeld were here, I'd ask him for his resignation," as told
ABC's Good Morning America.  Anonymous Officer, U.S. Army, in Iraq

"It pretty much makes me lose faith in the Army ... I don't really
believe
anything they tell me. If they told me we were leaving next week, I
wouldn't
believe them," as told to ABC News.  Private First Class Jason
Punyhotra,
3rd Infantry Division, U.S. Army in Fallujah, Iraq

"Somewhere down the line, we became an occupation force in [Iraqi] eyes.
We
don't feel like heroes any more ... We are outnumbered. We are
exhausted. We
are in over our heads. The President says, 'Bring 'em on.' The generals
say
we don't need more troops. Well, they're not over here."  Private Isaac
Kindblade, 671st Engineer Company, U.S. Army, in Iraq

"I've got my own 'Most Wanted' list ... The aces in my deck are Paul
Bremer,
Donald Rumsfeld, George Bush and Paul Wolfowitz," as told to ABC News.
Anonymous Sergeant, U.S. Army, in Iraq

"For the last six months I have participated in what I believe to be the

great modern lie: Operation Iraqi Freedom ... I once believed that I
served
for a cause: 'to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United
States.'
Now I no longer believe that; I have lost my conviction, as well as my
determination. I can no longer justify my service for what I believe to
be
half-truths and bold lies."  Tim Predmore, 101st Airborne Division near
Mosul, Iraq

"[Soldiers] vent to anyone who will listen. They write letters, they
cry,
they yell. Many of them walk around looking visibly tired and
depressed....
We feel like pawns in a game that we have no voice [in]."  Anonymous
Officer, U.S. Army, in Iraq

"I wasn't particularly impressed with anything he came up with,"
referring
to President Bush's September 23, 2003 speech to the U.N. regarding
progress
in Iraq.

Staff Sergeant Jason Dungan, 4th Infantry Division, U.S. Army in Tikrit,

Iraq

"We've been out here for six months, and it looks like we're going to be

here for another six months more ... That's it. It's a done deal, so
nothing
he says makes a blind bit of difference to us," referring to President
Bush's September 23, 2003 speech to the U.N. regarding progress in Iraq.

Anonymous Soldier in Tikrit, Iraq

"Make no mistake, the level of morale for most soldiers that I've seen
has
hit rock bottom."  Anonymous Officer, 3rd Infantry Division, U.S. Army,
in
Iraq