[Marxism] Eco Man Is Here to Save the Day!

Tony Abdo gojack10 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 14 01:52:31 MST 2004

Another article where a liberal debases themselves with puff about Kerry.
Here, Echo Man talks Eco with the interviewer! The only thing that she
brings up is that the Macho Eco Man is so naughty to use a batmobile (oops,
sorry, that's Harley Davidson), whereupon, Eco Man says  'Sorry', he  didn't
know that it was a 'vice'.    It's his one vice only, then.

Yes, 'Paul Bunyan', with jaw so strong!, we can't take an oxe to such an
innocent 'vice', now can we?  You are 96% Echo perfect, for you even recycle
  Al Gore rhetoric!  And what does Eco Man have to say about the battle in
Kyoto with the evil Third World lizard, Godzilla?

Question...
What would you do as president about the Kyoto Protocol on global climate
change? Would you submit it to the Senate?

Kerry...
No, not in its current form. It does have some flaws. It doesn't ask enough
of developing nations, the nations that are going to be producing much
greater emissions and which we need to get on the right course now through
technology transfer. I would reopen the negotiating process, fix the flaws,
and move forward.

!!!!!!!!!
But don't think that our kindhearted liberal, Amanda Griscom, was deterred
by this attitude a tad reflective of 'vice' by Eco Man. No. She "moved
forward" with the interview without so much as a whimper. Here, here! Who
can we be to question Echo Man? He's our new hero, Kryptoonite Man, 96% Eco
perfect!
Kibitzing with Kerry
By Amanda Griscom, Grist Magazine and published on alternet.org
March 12, 2004

He has the jaw and build of Paul Bunyan; he windsurfs, kite-boards, and
snowboards; and he's married to Teresa Heinz, one of the most powerful
environmental philanthropists in the country. He has his finger on every
hot-button environmental issue in D.C., from helping to lead the Senate
campaign against drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to pushing
for improved fuel-efficiency standards to advocating for an aggressive
renewable energy development plan. With the exception of that Harley
Davidson Wide Glide he likes to parade at campaign events, Sen. John Kerry
(D-Mass.) looks to be the ultimate embodiment of Beltway eco-chic.

But what goes on behind the glossy-green public image? What does this
presidential candidate's environmental record really look like after his
nearly 20 years in the U.S. Senate? Rifle through the archives of the League
of Conservation Voters, and you'll find he gets an A+ – literally. Kerry has
a 96-percent lifetime voting record. Despite concerns that Kerry is a
limousine liberal, there seem to be few contradictions between his
environmental image and his track record – a couple of peccadilloes aside.
(Beyond his Harley, which he says he'll never relinquish, Kerry the
renewables advocate is hesitant to support the Cape Wind project in his own
state, likely influenced by his wealthy, beachfront-owning constituents who
oppose the wind-energy farm.)

Late one recent night (at 11:00 p.m. EST, to be exact), Grist tracked Kerry
down on the campaign trail – rather, in the campaign jet, flying from
Colorado to Boston – to discuss his environmental record, President Bush's
"New Environmentalism," and balancing his vision for a clean-energy future
with his passion for his motorcycle.

John Kerry: Hi! It's John Kerry. I want to warn you that I'm in the air –
50,000 feet above Colorado – so the signal may come in and out.

Amanda...
Great. Let's start with your reaction to Bush's environmental record.

JK...
Abysmal. Worst record in modern history.

Amanda..
Can you elaborate? What do you find most alarming?

JK...
All of it. It's so vast. When you add it all up, it's a stunning assault on
environmental common sense. You begin with global warming, which is one of
the most serious challenges...

More of this nonsense at... http://alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=18086

Tony Abdo