[Marxism] Re: Elections in the Spanish State: First Impressions

Lueko Willms l.willms at jpberlin.de
Mon Mar 15 12:34:54 MST 2004

     Am  15.03.04
schrieb  marvgandall at rogers.com (Marvin Gandall)
    auf  /ALIST/MARXMAIL
     in  001001c40aae$769ca0a0$6501a8c0 at LAPTOP
  ueber  Re: [Marxism] Elections in the Spanish State: First Impressions

MG> In your opinion, will the new PSOE government actually withdraw the
MG> troops on June 30th, or is it acting on the assumption that nominal
MG> command of the US and other occupation forces will be transferred
MG> from the US to the UN,

  The question wasn't directed to me, but in a public forum, I may
take the liberty to voice my opinion on it...

  Zapatero, the designated prime mimister, did not say that the troops
would be withdrawn right away, which would be the only sensible
action, but talked about end of June, or, according to a news item on
the radio, no deadline at all. And he would leave the troops if the
command would be transferred to the UN.

  So he left himself ample room to maneuver.

Yours,

"Das Volk, das ein anderes Volk unterjocht, schmiedet seine eigenen
Ketten."                         - Karl Marx           (1. Januar 1870)