[Marxism] Lair of Hunterbear Update, New Writings of Mine, Other Stuff

Hunter Gray hunterbadbear at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 16 08:12:35 MST 2004

BRIEF NOTE BY HUNTER BEAR:

I am writing as much of an appropriate nature as I can -- and with all
deliberate speed.  Here are some of my new things and the Lair
of Hunterbear links to them.  My sons are keeping their eyes open for a
possible publisher.

1]  TRIBUTE/APPRECIATION:  Our entire family and our many friends are deeply
grateful for the very recent Tribute on my behalf: full of many warm and
solid comments, fine poetry, great photos -- and accompanied by
wonderful thoughts.  This, which surprised me much
indeed, appeared two weeks ago and is now on my two related websites:

A]  Lair of Hunterbear [our huge, traditional website]
http://www.hunterbear.org/special_tribute_page_for_hunter.htm

B]  OwlHead.org [Our extremely new, very small website]
http://www.owlhead.org/tribute/

[There are slight differences in the two published Tributes but they are not
substantial.  In time, we may shift the Tribute entirely to OwlHead -- along
with some very new material.   In contacting me by email, use my current
address:  hunterbadbear at earthlink.net

2]  JEROME, ARIZONA  http://www.hunterbear.org/jerome.htm  Copper camp,
Wobblies, gunmen and thugs, Jerome Deportation, survivors who continued to
fight.

3] KAY OH TAY GOOD ["LITTLE BROTHER"]
http://www.hunterbear.org/KAY%20OH%20TAY%20GOOD.htm   My wonderful coyote
and the best head photo we have of him -- and Southwestern labor struggles.

4] THE SNOW IS MELTING http://www.hunterbear.org/snow_is_melting.htm
Fighting heavy diseases, our Iroquoian ethos, dreams.

5]  THE MINE-MILL "CONSPIRACY" THAT WASN'T:  RELENTLESS ATTACKS ON A
MILITANT, DEMOCRATIC UNION
http://www.hunterbear.org/Mine-Millconspiracycase.htm  Very, very
substantially expanded with new material.

6] NEW MEXICO STRUGGLES; AND THE WAR YEARS:  SOME MINE-MILL AND RELATED
HISTORY
 http://www.hunterbear.org/newmexico%20struggles_war%20years.htm
Among other things, historic coal struggles at Gallup and the role of the
National Miners Union.

7] MINE MILL:  CLASS STRUGGLE -- AND LABOR MOVEMENT REVIVAL THOUGHTS.
 AND -- FOLLOWED BY AND ON THE SAME PAGE -- REFLECTIONS ON [HOPEFULLY] REAL
STUFF DIXIE LABOR ORGANIZING
http://www.hunterbear.org/mine_mill_class%20struggle.htm  Two pieces, each
with a very contemporary organizing and fighting focus.

8]  MORNING MEMORIES  http://www.hunterbear.org/morning_memories.htm
Remembering my father in my early morning Idaho hours -- and looking at my
brother, Richard's, great painting of him.

9]   ON THE  RIM OF SYCAMORE CANYON:  AT OUR HUNTING CAMP
http://www.hunterbear.org/on_the_rim_of_sycamore_canyon.htm   A great photo
of more than 50 years ago.

10] "ARGOSY 1957_JOHN SALTER -WILD ONES_CIGARETTE AD [WITH NOTES AND FIDEL
AS WELL]    http://www.hunterbear.org/ARGOSY.htm    Much, much expanded.

11]   REDS AND CAPITALISTS, HAYWOOD AND HAMMOND AND ME
http://www.hunterbear.org/reds_and_capitalists.htm   John Hays Hammond
[great metal mining engineer and infamous capitalist]; and Bill Haywood -- a
key mentor of mine [who I didn't personally know, since he died before I was
born, but whose example has certainly helped me greatly for the better].

12]  THE NEXT GREAT STEP OF THE WAY:  JOHN BEECHER'S GRASSROOTS POETRY
http://www.hunterbear.org/next_great_step_of_the_way.htm    FROM MILDRED
WAKEFIELD, PUBLICITY MANAGER, NEW SOUTH BOOKS ON MARCH 15 2004: "I do
publicity for New South Books, and we have published a new anthology of
Beecher's work, entitled One More River to Cross! In searching the web for
any new reviews (we've had several) I ran across an e-mail tribute you sent
in January (in honor of his 100th birthday?). I so enjoyed reading it and
thought you'd like to know about this book
(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/158838103X/joyndcom-20/002-3911409-1
304044?dev-t=D2JY88OXXJZ3CS%26camp=2025%26link_code=xm2). I couldn't believe
the coincidence of my finding your tribute and the title poem being
dedicated to you."  NOTE BY HUNTER BEAR/JOHN SALTER JR:  JOHN BEECHER WROTE
A LONG POEM DEDICATED TO ME:  "ONE MORE RIVER TO CROSS."

John Beecher, a great poet and courageous activist, and a fine human being,
should always be very well remembered.

HUNTER GRAY  [HUNTER BEAR]  Micmac/St Francis Abenaki/St Regis Mohawk
In the mountains of Eastern Idaho
www.hunterbear.org

remembering way. [Hunter Bear]