[Marxism] Re: Questions For Candidates

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Wed Mar 17 14:26:54 MST 2004

So long as we're fantasizing, here's a few I'd like to see someone ask
Bush and/or Kerry at a press conference...

If you win election, you will take an oath to uphold the Constitution of
the United States of America.  Will you act upon that oath to implement,
at long last, the 13th, 14th and 15th Amendments to that Constitution,
ensuring civic equality to all, regardless of their previous condition
of servitude?

Since such civic equality has not been promulgated owing to social and
economic inequalities, what programs do you advocate for correcting
those inequalities?

If you believe, with your predecessors, that civic equality is possible
without resolving social and economic questions, what new measures would
your administration pursue to achieve what your predecessors have not?

If you favor selectively ignoring inconvenient parts of the U.S.
Constitution, will you take the oath of office anyway?  If you did,
would your administration stand by that oath to the extent of taking
legal action itself for perjury over those parts of the Constitution you
choose to ignore?  In short, would you take your oath of office
seriously enough to impeach yourself for violating it?

And, if so, why would anyone in their right mind vote for either of you?

ML