[Marxism] Iraq one year later

Jose G. Perez elgusanorojo at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 19 16:19:41 MST 2004

Marvin Gandall writes, citing the economist:

>>Despite the “shocking clumsiness” of the occupation and resulting
violence and insecurity, it cites polls showing most Iraqis think their
lives have improved, mostly because of the greater availability of
consumer goods and more freedom of expression.<<

I think we should recognize that polls done in the middle of a war-torn
country with people getting blown up and rounded up left and right are
worthless.

The people will simply give you back whatever the propaganda line is of
the side currently in control of where they live.

José