[Marxism] Re: Al Qaeda-Emerging New InternationalResistance to Imperialism

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Sun Mar 21 12:22:59 MST 2004

I've resisted the temptation to mock this approach using the Mafia or
the Nazis.  In the end, I'm forced to admit that there really isn't a
damned thing funny about it.

In the ascendancy of oil-fueled homicidal religious zealots, we see the
barbaric potential of capitalism in all its undisguised glory, stripped
entirely of the pretensions and expectations of reason, the
Enlightenment, rational government and liberty. Nor do I find much merit
to talking about its positive role by unleashing some sort of "dynamic."
If anyone wants to suggest something coherent on this, fine, but, left
unspecific and undefined, the term becomes a magical cloak of
invisibility used to remove the discussion from what the rational mind
can rationally evaluate.

Anyone who asserts that Al Qaeda is doing anything ultimately good for
the Left simply recalls to my mind the old Communist misestimation:
"Nach Hitler, uns!"

Solidarity!
Mark L.