[Marxism] Daily News

Philip Ferguson plf13 at student.canterbury.ac.nz
Sun Mar 21 20:32:04 MST 2004

Louis wrote:
> This morning when I went out to pick up the NY Times, I was startled
> discover that the NY Daily News, a rightist tabloid geared to
> minorities
> and blue-collar workers, had a huge headline "PEACE" on the front
> page
> along with a photo of the march.

Ah, the 'Daily News', bless 'em.

Last week I had to give a lecture on the emergence on new social
movements in the 1960s, and when I was putting together some stuff on
Stonewall and the emergence of the gay liberation movement, I came
across a couple of headlines from the Daily News: "Homo Nest Raided" and
"Queen Bees Stinging Mad".  The bourgeois press, eh, aren't they delightful?

Philip Ferguson