[Marxism] Why I Admire Islamic Women

Jeff Rubard jeffrubard at fusemail.com
Mon Mar 22 00:58:02 MST 2004

> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 22:25:23 -0800
> From: Chris Brady <cdbrady at sbcglobal.net>
> Subject: [Marxism] Further to All Kinds Of Ways
> To: marxism at lists.econ.utah.edu

> The "Old Testament" and the "New Testament" are both (sometimes
> amusingly) critiqued by Steve Wells here:

> The Skeptic's Annotated Bible
> http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/
>
> And The Quran here:
>
> The Skeptic's Annotated Quran
> http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/index.html

 And yet you can have one at the end anyway, and not the other -- the
 "specific difference" of Christianity is that famous "mustard seed" (which
 I suppose could even wend its way to "Germinal"), but the *universalism*
 of Islam is to bind its followers without exception, such that syncretism
 finds a very resistant antipode here (as you may know Muslims are required
 to read the Koran in Arabic; and you, whoever you are, are invited to
 consider how to say it in Aramaic -- even though such materials may not be
 "ready-to-hand").  But really, if we are not to be serious about religion
 perhaps we can be serious about other things?  This used to be the
 *conditio sine qua non* of many things, including *every* form of Marxist
 politics.

 Rubard