[Marxism] Re: Al Qaeda-Emerging New International ResistancetoImperialism

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at rogers.com
Mon Mar 22 05:22:01 MST 2004

I neglected to mention what political conclusions I draw from my view of
these bombing campaigns - that they may be an effective tactic, but only a
supplementary one, to a) the mobilization of the oppressed population in
mass action campaigns (Louis’ point about Ghandi), b) political work within
the oppressor population, and c) solidarity work internationally. These
features seem to me to be, above all, what distinguished secular left-wing
movements in Algeria, N. Ireland, South Africa, etc. from the jihadist ones
which have unfortunately have, for historical reasons, replaced them in the
forefront of national liberation struggles.

Marv Gandall