[Marxism] Re: Al Qaeda-Emerging New International ResistancetoImperialism

Waistline2 at aol.com Waistline2 at aol.com
Mon Mar 22 09:08:06 MST 2004

In a message dated 3/22/2004 6:23:59 AM Central Standard Time,
marvgandall at rogers.com writes:

>I neglected to mention what political conclusions I draw from my view of
these bombing campaigns - that they may be an effective tactic, but only a
supplementary one, to a) the mobilization of the oppressed population in
mass action campaigns (Louis’ point about Ghandi), b) political work within
the oppressor population, and c) solidarity work internationally. These
features seem to me to be, above all, what distinguished secular left-wing
movements in Algeria, N. Ireland, South Africa, etc. from the jihadist ones
which have unfortunately have, for historical reasons, replaced them in the
forefront of national liberation struggles.

Marv Gandall<

Al Qaeda is not an expression or form of the national liberation struggle.
The national question, i.e., "national liberation" struggle, more than less
disappeared from the general stream of the social struggle more than 80 years ago
and reappeared as the national-colonial question.

The national question emerges during the transition from landed property
relations to industry and deals with the question of the peasantry and the
struggle of the rising bourgeoisie to secure its home market.

The national colonial question, that is the fusion of the national question
with the question of being a colony of imperialism emerged prior to and was
consolidated on the basis of the First World Imperialist War.

The National-Colonial Question no longer exist as such as it arose in
history. I personally would dissignare the ending of the Vietnam War as the political
juncture - generally speaking, and the later emergence of speculative capital
to leader of the world total social capital as the economic juncture. The
struggle in Iraq is not a national liberation movement but a movement for the
overthrow of all capital, foreign and domestic, in its objective logic. The form
of the movement - how it finds subjective expression, cannot but evolve on the
basis of Iraq ideological and philosophic history.

Elementary Marxism teaches everyone that when fundamental things change,
everything dependent upon them must in turn/also change. This does not imply the
result of change are immediate or direct. Nor does this disregard that the form
of a qualitative definition changes after and during transition to a new
qualitative definition.

The world has long ago left the direct colonial system. Lenin wrote a whole
book on this subject. Various intellectuals in the former colonial world wrote
mountains of book on Neocolonialism to describe a transition in the form of
imperial entrapment. In the past decade another mountain of books was written on
what is called globalization, the shattering of national political
structures, customs and tradition that block or inhibit the flow of speculative capital.

It is true that the form of the evolving social struggle, as expressed in
Iraq appears as Christian soldiers - Crusaders, invading the Holy lands because
Christian soldiers are invading the Holy Land. Al Qaeda fight and stated
purpose is to secure its existence as a segment of historically evolved capital. To
do this and protect its sectarian interest it must develop the ability to
rally a segment of masses to its cause.

What describes the fundamentality of change in this era that is different
from the era of the shattering of the colonial system and the transformation of
the neocolonial structure into an interactive web of finance capital, is the
changes in the technological regime, on whose basis the modern edifice of
speculative capital was built and won dominance over the world total social capital.

Without question the Christian troops should never have invaded the Holy
Lands in the first place. These imperial Strom troopers have one primary goal and
it is not the control of oil. Capital does not give a fuck about running out
of resources. Their expressed design and publicly stated mission is to
transform the social structures - i.e., bring a modern form of bourgeois democracy to
the Middle East. A section of imperial capital is fighting its death fight to
secure its existence on the basis of its historically evolved social
structures.

Al Qaeda is not a form of the national liberation struggle or movement. It is
a bourgeois imperialist terrorist network.

At the end of the day the speculative capital, who write the agenda for the
world total capital, simply do not care if the price of oil is set at $400 a
barrel. The splits within our own imperial bourgeoisie - not with the forces of
Al Qaeda, is based on sectarian political party interest with many believing
that the zealots in the Bush administration have unleashed social forces, the
multinational state of the American Union will be unable to control.

What we face today is a different alignment of class forces on the world
stage. The working men and women of earth - their communist detachment, not only
have no country but understand why we have no country. Without question our
task is to win the world toilers to this understand of this stage of imperial
finance capital.

Al Qaeda is not a form of resistence to imperialism. Its stated political and
economic goal is to secure its imperialist objective on the basis of
petroelum, preservation of bourgeios property on the basis of its historically evolved
social structures.

Nor is it a question of simply throwing bombs or the three thousand deaths at
the World Trade Center buildings. The fact of the matter is that more people
than that die yearly from lack of medical coverage in the American Union. A
section of the people in the American Union instinctively understand our
destructive role in the world today. What is not understood is property and Class and
why the world exists in its current turmoil.

As always we begin with condemnation of our own imperial bourgeoisie. Not one
conception to the imperial bourgeois terrorists. The logic of the position
above is no more than rank chauvinism. Bin Laden is an imperial chauvinist,
mistakenly conceived as the bourgeois nationalist of the past period.

Melvin P.