[Marxism] Re: March 20 protest accounts

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 22 11:57:41 MST 2004

In San Jose, CA, 1300 people (by fairly accurate count as the march started)
rallied and marched against the war and occupation. The numbers were about
as "expected." Last year we had 5000-5500 (again, a fairly accurate count)
but this year we were "competing" against San Francisco (last year's march
was held on Saturday while SF was on Sunday). Speakers included
representatives of labor organizations, Muslim organizations, a variety of
student groups, the National Lawyers Guild, the Haiti Action Center, an
Israeli refusenik, a Palestinian-American activist, and As'ad AbuKhalil, the
"Angry Arab," along with an excellent Latino band and recorded antiwar
music. The march in particular was quite spirited.