[Marxism] Hungary 1956

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Mar 23 11:46:47 MST 2004

H. Rakovsky wrote:

"I suggest reading David Irving's book "Uprising" where he goes to
Hungary in 1986 and gives many first hand accounts. His own perspective
sympathizes with the Hungarians, not the Russians. He characterizes it
as an uprising, not a full revolution."

This name might ring a bell. It is the same David Irving who was sued in
a holocaust denial case in Great Britain. I have heard, however, that
his book on Hungary is valuable and free of the bias that would
eventually manifest itself. Ken McLeod vouches for it, for what that's
worth.

--

The Marxism list: www.marxmail.org