[Marxism] Haymarket/McCormick -- a story untold, true but unknown

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Tue Mar 23 20:59:19 MST 2004

Jeff,

You write, "stop sending me your fucking funny 'double-barreled'
ripostes . . . Please grow up; I have other things to do."

My dear fellow, you get my posts for two related reasons:

1) You subscribe to a list of which I am a member with a right to post.
While publicly complaining of having to read my posts, you also write me
accusatory private emails, which--as I have warned you repeatedly--will
be forwarded to the list. (See attached.)

2) You respond with an inappropriate and irrational viciousness to what
I and other members of the list write and say.  In this case, you have
attacked me for not offering an overview of Haymarket.  Then, when I
point you to websites and books, you attack me for that ("I don't care
what books you have a soft spot..."), referring to me publicly as "a
right-wing cretin out to 'set people straight' about something you don't
know hardly enough about".  (The attached private email also attacks me
as "a phony" and a "fucknut.")

In any event, the solution for you is simple enough.  You can avoid the
torment of getting my posts by either unsubbing or by learning to behave
in a more serious and comradely fashion to list members.

Solidarity!
Mark L.