[Marxism] critique of reactionary drivel wanted

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Mar 25 08:02:40 MST 2004

Sun Wukong wrote:
> 1. The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their
> affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, Noriega,
> Milosovich and the rest of those good ol' boys:  We will never "interfere"
> again.

The war against Hitler was mainly carried out by the Russians. Until the
outbreak of WWII, US corporations loved doing business in Nazi Germany.

After Hitler came to power American business leaders with assets in
Germany found to their immense satisfaction that his so-called
revolution respected the socio-economic status quo...

Most, if not all firms in Germany, including American branch plants,
eagerly took advantage of this situation and cut labour costs
drastically. The Ford-Werke, for example, reduced labour costs from
fifteen per cent of business volume in 1933 to only eleven per cent in
1938. Coca-Cola's bottling plant in Essen increased its profitability
considerably because, in Hitler's state, workers "were little more than
serfs forbidden not only to strike, but to change jobs," driven "to work
harder [and] faster" while their wages "were deliberately set quite
low." In Nazi Germany, real wages indeed declined rapidly, while profits
increased correspondingly, but there were no labour problems worth
mentioning, for any attempt to organize a strike immediately triggered
an armed response by the Gestapo, resulting in arrests and dismissals.
This was the case in GM's Opel factory in Rüsselsheim in June 1936. As
the Thuringian teacher and anti-fascist resistance member Otto Jenssen
wrote after the war, Germany's corporate leaders were happy "that fear
for the concentration camp made the German workers as meek as lapdogs."
The owners and managers of American corporations with investments in
Germany were no less enchanted, and if they openly expressed their
admiration or Hitler — as did the chairman of General Motors, William
Knudsen, and ITT-boss Sosthenes Behn — it was undoubtedly because he had
resolved Germany's social problems in a manner that benefited their
interests.

full: http://www.historycooperative.org/journals/llt/51/pauwels.html

> 2.  We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with
> Germany, South Korea and the Philippines. They don't want us there. We
> would station troops at our borders. No one sneaking through holes in the
> fence.

Is this supposed to make the left look unreasonable? Why would anybody
support the presence of US troops where they are not wanted.

> 3.  All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and
> leave. We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will
> be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of who or where they
> are. France would welcome them.

Actually, France would certainly not considering the explosive growth of
Le Pen's party and the government ban on the hijab.

> 4.  All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days
> unless given a special permit. No one from a terrorist nation would be
> allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide
> here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab
> drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

Interesting how FM shock jocks are so openly racist. It is okay to make
cracks at Pakistanis, but you have to watch what you say about blacks
and Puerto Ricans. One day, immigrants from such nations will get their
act together politically. The sooner the better.

> 5.  No "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they
> don't attend classes, they get a "D" (for "deport") and it's back home
> baby.

According to Dick Clarke, the most notorious bombers were hardly a
concern of the Bush White House.

> 6.  The US will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy wise.
> This will include developing non-polluting sources of energy but will
> require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou
> will have to cope for a while.

As it turns out, according to Jeff St. Clair, this oil was largely
intended for export to Japan and other lucrative markets--not
self-sufficiency.

> 7.  Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for
> their oil. If they don't like it, we go some place else. They can go
> somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling
> up the storage sites would be enough.)

Someday the Saudi people will democratically elect their own government
and make such decisions on their own rather than taking their marching
orders from the US Embassy.

> 8.  If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will
> not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever for seeds, rain, cement
> or whatever they need. Besides, most of what we give them is stolen or
> given to the Army. The people who need it most get very little, if
> anything.

Of course, these thieves are there because the USA finds them useful.
When our boy Somoza was running Nicaragua, we had no problem when he
pocketed aid that was intended for earthquake victims.

> 9.  Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island some place. We don't
> need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would
> make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

This is the only point I agree with.

> 10.  All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way no one can
> call us "Ugly Americans" any longer. The language we speak is
> ENGLISH.....learn it...or LEAVE... [you'll notice they've deleted this
> last "step" from the website; wonder why... (maybe somebody's Hispanic
> maid/butler/chaffeur/gardener took offense)]

Actually, I would prefer that Spanish be the official language of the
USA. They say that Latinos will be the largest nationality in the USA by
the mid-21st century. I can't wait.

--

The Marxism list: www.marxmail.org